While not exhaustive, here are some questions and answers that should assist you in getting to know a little about our church.
- Do you have childcare? We provide a staffed nursery for our Sunday services for children up to age 3. There is also a nursing mothers room available. Both rooms are equipped with audio speakers.
- How large is your church? We have about 45 households in our church. This includes many, many children. On a typical Sunday, we have about 230 people in attendance.
- What form of leadership do you utilize? We believe that the Bible presents a plurality of elders/pastors and deacons as the best form of church leadership and service. We see that Christ is the head of the church, and has ordained under-shepherds in the elders. Currently we have three elders and four deacons. You can learn more about them here.
- What kind of music do you use? While controversial these days, we know that many ask the question. We love to sing hymns, spiritual songs and scripture songs. We emphasize congregational singing accompanied by a piano.
- What version of the Bible do you use? We believe that King James Version (Authorized Version) is the best translation for our use in English. However, we are not part of the “King James Only” movement.
- What type of clothing should I wear? As you will see from the pictures, we don’t have a dress code. Some wear more casual clothing, some more “Sunday best.” However, in all our clothing decisions, modesty and appropriateness must rule the day. We are meeting together to meet with God. We should take that seriously.
- Do you have a youth group? While not opposed to those that might have age graded teaching, we feel it best to keep our families together in the church setting, and equip our families to be the primary teachers of God’s word in the home.
- Are you a “Family Integrated Church?” While we worship as families, and don’t have age-graded Sunday school classes, we aren’t an “NCFIC church.” Our Pastor Harding was preaching the need to learn as families long before NCFIC came on the scene.
- Are you a Reformed Baptist Church? We do hold to historical Baptist doctrine, as stated in confessions such as the London Baptist Confession of Faith of 1689 and the Philadelphia Confession of Faith. (See What We Believe for more information) We also recognize and appreciate the influence and benefits that arose from the Reformation. However, we hesitate to label ourselves as “Reformed Baptists” due to the danger of pre-conceived ideas that the label brings with it. We seek to continue preaching the truths that have been delivered by Jesus Christ, through the Apostles, and continuing on to His churches today.
For more information about what we believe, click here.
If you have further questions, please click here to reach one of our pastors.